Thursday, January 29, 2009

Damn you microsoft and your double charges!

Being the ever responsible internet citizen, I bought Microsoft Office through the Home Use program at my work since we recently got a new desktop pc at home. It was free +shipping ($21.47!), but it was the Enterprise version of Microsoft Office, so what the heck.

That was way back on December 1st. They never bother charging me until yesterday.

Bam. 21.47
Bam. 21.47

They charged me twice, the rotten bastards.

That's what I get for doing everything the nice and legal way. I'm just going to use Open Office from now on. (Which is still nice and legal... and free.)

I called the 1-800 number on the charge to bitch, and there's a message: "We are currently experiencing a heavy call volume. If you're calling about a double charge on your account, we are aware of the issue, and it will be resolved in 24-48 hours."

It makes me feel better that I'm not alone. And it makes me feel better the poor saps working the phones are getting hollered at left and right today.

Of course, it's a perfect way for a temporary cash infusion. Just charge everybody twice! Only about 75% of them will notice and complain.

I hate you, Microsoft. I spit on you! Pttew!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's an accounting gimmick to make their numbers look better on the first quarter results. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you too? Norton jacked me over, they charged me when I stopped using their stupid anti-virus crap forever ago. Then I had to call India to get them to take the charges off and the woman was breathing into the phone the entire time.

    UGH,

    ReplyDelete